Saturday, January 6, 2018



The Good Story:  2018

DAY 6:

January 6, 2018

Well, maybe a weekly journal is a better idea.  Many good things happened this week!  I was able to spend time with friends – Cathey, Pearline, Christine, Valerie.  I heard from both of my daughters.  I FINALLY got to see Roger and Madden!  We so missed them on Christmas. 

 I realized something about myself today.  I love with food, and I now clearly understand why Nanny wanted me to take something home every single time I visited.  It wasn’t because she thought I was hungry or incapable of cooking for myself (although, I have NEVER learned how to fry okra and sure do miss it).  She loved with food.  I cooked a big meal for Roger – fried pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans with jowl, molasses candied carrots, and peach pie.  I was certain my boy had not had a good meal in months, but he looked pretty healthy.  I sent some groceries home with him, but he would not take home as much as I wanted him to.  He wanted me to know he is making it fine, and I am happy with that. 

Still, I wish he would take food home.  I remember when the girls used to head straight to the kitchen cabinets and call it grocery shopping.   Those days are gone, too.  My babies are all grown up, and they are doing just fine.  They don’t come home hungry anymore, but I am still going to do my best to love them with food. 

Happy New Year!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share YOUR thoughts!