Saturday, February 10, 2018




The Good Story:  2018

Nature’s Art

February 10

As I gaze upon the beautiful roses, carnations, and freesia my children sent for my birthday, I ponder on why we are drawn to flowers.  When I was a child, that was an easy question to answer.  They smelled wonderful!  The scent of a daffodil takes me on the wings of a fairy to a fantasy world of delight.  A vase of roses cut from the yard defined the home of one filled with Southern hospitality.  Every woman my age must remember the delight of wearing hyacinth earrings and clover necklaces – both laced with a sweet smell that made us feel like grownups in our pretend minds. 

Most flowers today have the scent bred out of them.  Yet, I find I am still drawn to their beauty.  Flowers are medicinal.  It is hard to be sad or worried when looking upon a bouquet given or gathered.  Much like art, I suppose.  That makes sense to me.  Flowers are Nature’s artwork, and she is quite talented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share YOUR thoughts!