Friday, January 3, 2014

Learning to Ride in Sand

 
 
 
Learning to ride a bike is not the easiest task for a youngster, but I don’t remember that part of it. I was never a graceful child and still lack grace as an adult.   I am sure that I had a few skinned knees and elbows, but I do not remember them.  I do remember my banana seat bike and the tassels on the handlebars.   The supporting metal for the seat made a perfect handle for Daddy’s hand to hold me steady as I learned to ride.  I never even knew that he let go of me when I first rode on my own.  We lived on a sandy road, so it was difficult for a little girl to pedal.  I guess it was difficult for adults, too, because Daddy flew over the handlebars when he tried to show me to how to get around a curve in the sand.  I did learn to manage the sand and spent many hours “exploring” on my bike. 
I have tried many times to stop smoking, but it is a little like riding in the sand.  I am still learning and not very good at it.  I took a five year ride before I fell and scraped my knees pretty badly.  It has taken me over 2 years to get up the courage to try to ride again.  I am there now and have set a date.  January 24 I will once again go smoke free.  In the meantime, I will prepare myself.  Part of that preparation will be blogging. 
I am going to ride my bike through the sand and slay the Nicodemon forever this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share YOUR thoughts!