Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Accomplishment

Accomplishment


Proverbs 13: 12


12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.


13 He who scorns instruction will pay for it,
but he who respects a command is rewarded.


*********


Proverbs 16: 3


3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed.


****************


After half a century of thought on the subject, I still do not know what my purpose is. I have thought a lot about it because I know we are all supposed to have one. For a long time, I equated my passion as my purpose, but I am not so sure now. My passion is teaching, more specifically, I get passionate about working with students who are transitioning to the new environment and still need a little nurturing and direction. I have come to understand, though, that the education machine is a broken with corruption. Students and parents come in with a sense of entitlement and expect to get a quick and easy "drive-through" product for their money. I am not sure I even want to be here anymore. Sometimes I feel like I have been raped of my integrity.


On the other hand, I know it is not about what I want. I have to trust in the Lord that if HE doesn't want me here, HE will drop another opportunity in my lap. I certainly would not know what to pursue at this point.


Patience is the most difficult lesson for me. If I could work that one problem out, I imagine all of my answers would come to me easily enough.


I hope you have found and live for your purpose everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share YOUR thoughts!